The Most Important Thing to Know About Money
The most important thing to know about money is that feeling good about it – no matter how much (or little) you currently have – can change everything for you.
I was a skeptic about this as I struggled for years with little money, worrying about it constantly, and watching it leave my bank account faster than it came in. I had always been a believer in the Universal Law of Attraction, but I never got how wanting more money could actually block that very thing. But, I get it now. If you are sending out any fear-based vibrations about money, including “I need more because I don’t have enough,” that will more easily come back to you. The Universe can’t read only the part where you want more; it’s also reading “because I’m scared and lacking!”
Do You Have a Money Block?
- Do you get anxious when you have to pay bills?
- Do you avoid looking at your bank accounts?
- Do you compulsively spend?
- Are you in a place where you have a serious lack of money?
If any of these apply to you, I can guarantee you are carrying some energy around money that would be beneficial to clear.
I used to be annoyed when I would read that your money situation (yes, even if you’re broke because you’re sick) is in some way mirroring your beliefs and energy around money. But, it was totally true. Ah, hindsight, right? :)
What Causes Negative Energy Around Money?
Many of us learn beliefs early on about money that keep us stuck in a certain mindset about it. And our thoughts are all energy! Releasing beliefs such as the ones below are a huge part of clearing money blocks.
- Money doesn’t grow on trees (translates to “there isn’t enough”)
- Money is evil
- You have to work really hard and give up everything else to be successful
- Rich people are selfish
Any belief you have can create a subconscious block to keep you from realizing that reality.
Emotions from your past where you saw or felt your parents worry about money can also create energetic blocks. Emotions can also come in the form of guilt for having too much when others don’t have enough. Or anger that money doesn’t come to you as easily as it does to other. Or frustration that you have to spend on things you wished you didn’t.
If it’s trapped, it’s all part of your energetic vibration.
Two Simple Tools to Start Changing Your Energy Now
When I began working on my money fears, I started to see a subtle shift. And, then a not-so-subtle one. I worked really hard to make sure whatever energy I was sending out was positive.
1. I faced my money issues head on! I think prior to me being willing to accept some responsibility for my money challenges, I tried to dodge and ditch everything related. But, I picked up a book called “Cheapskate Monthly,” by Mary Hunt that really made a difference for me. It made me face how much I had, how much I needed and really…the fact that I was part of the problem.
2. If I had to spend a lot of money on something unexpected, I’d tell myself “It’s so good you have this to spend!” and when I didn’t have it…”It’s going to feel so good when I have plenty of money.”
That was the conscious effort I made to change my thoughts (which are just energy!) about money.by